- Ability to apply a rigid focus to positioning, marketing and selling is nearly always missing – the compulsion to find revenue to sustain the company and the exciting idea is overwhelming and anyone who will listen is consider a “rich target” irrespective on any segmentation and targeting strategy.
- Product features and functions seem to be an obsession over merging a software offering with services to provide a solution or “whole product” as defined in Geoffrey Moore’s Crossing the Chasm epistle which I think of as a software marketeers “bible”.
- And finally, asking for, and more importantly taking, advice seems to be ridiculously hard to do for these creative entrepreneurs. No matter how tough the road gets and how challenging staying focused on the agreed strategy becomes CEO’s and Managing Directors still believe they know best and simply won’t ask for help.
About Undrstnd Group
UNDRSTND combines the strategy, product positioning and sales acceleration capabilities of a management & marketing consultancy with the value creation skills of an M&A advisor – based on real world, operational experience of creating strategies, go to market plans and executing M&A with world class software & systems companies in the ECM, BPM & information management market.
Range of Offerings
- • Business Strategy & Positioning
- • Sales Channel Acceleration
- • Product and Solutions Portfolio Management
- • Growth Initiatives & Acquisitions
- • Competitive Positioning & Differentiation
- • Go to Market Optimization
- • Branding and Messaging
London +44 (0)7763 518902
Frankfurt am Main +49 (0)171 2268083
Dallas +1 469 939 6331
Los Angeles +1 949.235.9938